The Ultimate School Event Planner
Step Outside Class and Swing Into Adventure!
Tree To Tree adventure course in cape may new Jersey is an effecive way to feed your classroom’s motivation. Our courses become the classroom. Our obstacle environment encourages them to use their knowledge and physical capabilities. Here’s how:
- The environment is unique,different, fun. It gets everyone working together, helping each other, laughing together.
- Getting students outside and moving offers a great opportunity to shake up the learning platform.
- Engage all their senses, challenge their mind and body,and get them thinking more creatively for problem-solving.
- Break down barriers through the self-confidence that comes from conquering a course.
- Expose both children and teens to strong team-building exercises, as well as leadership skills.
- Encourage goal setting with everyone involved, and watch as they thrive on a job welld one at the end of the day!
Ready to take your lessons to the trees?
Here’s what you can get:
- 3 hours of climbing and zip lining
- Complimentary tickets for chaperones (10:1 ratio)
- Must call Cape May County Zoo to register bus or purchase parking permit at https://secure.rec1.com/ NJ?cape-may-county-nj/catalog index?filter=dGFi JTVCNzAxNiU1RD0xJnNlYXJjaD0=
- All necessary climbing equipment
- A safety briefing and practice time
- Reserved picnic tables
- Fun times for everyone!
Support for individuals with special needs
In most cases, we can offer one-on-one support for any student with special needs. Please mention it when we begin planning your field trip, and we’ll offer you all the details.
Let’s talk about food!
Everyone is welcomed to bring their own food, snacks, and drinks. Or ask us about catering options: there are local restaurants who are happy to deliver.
Visit the Zoo
While you’re here, don’t forget to schedule in some time to take your classroom around the free Cape May County Park & Zoo – A great way to teach your classroom about animal behaviors, how they adapt to their surroundings, diets and eating habits, eco systems, among many others. The zoo also has a wonderful education department that would be thrilled to discuss educational programming that they offer, including zookeeper talks and private tours. For more information about educational programming please contact the Education Department at 609-465-6832 or email@example.com.
There are unlimited ways you can build a trip to the adventure park into your lesson plan!
Here are some ways you can get creative with this field trip:
It’s easy to spark their interest in subjects like fitness, health, physiology, and what the human body is capable of when you can get them moving. Explore every-thing from strength, stamina, heart rates, and more.
Miss Frizzle and the Magic School Bus doesn’t have anything on you; teach them about geology, physics, biology, anatomy, botany, bio-mechanics…and they enjoy this hands-on and “in the field” approach.
Outdoor Recreational Interests
From an introduction to outdoor program planning, to thinking about the role of sports and leisure activities in society these days.
Lead a program that will inspire your class to take action for the things they are about. Discuss how to leave no trace, the role between conservation and tourism-based activities, how to develop a conservation program proposal…that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
How does the zoo add to our opportunity:
English, Math, History…there are so many ways you can turn this valuable field trip into a valuable lesson while having fun!
To get things ready…
- Will you be building this field trip into your lesson plan? Determine what you’ll need to make it fun and successful.Think about any items you may need to bring along. Please discuss this with us when you are ready to make your reservation.
- Send this PDF to the decision-maker for your school. We are available to answer any questions anyone on your team may have.
- Once you have approval, pick a date and call us to make the reservation. Remember that some of the more popular times for schools (like 9 AM) fill up really fast, so you’ll want to get the approval and reservation made as early in the year as possible.
- Prepare the communication to parents: we have waivers that must be completed by a parent or guardian before arrival. This waiver is available through a unique link we’ll send to you at the time of booking, and can be filled out easily by parents online.
and when you get to the park..
- Park in our unloading zone, near our Park Store, to let us know you’re here and unload the students.
- Set up your reserved picnic table and area.
- Get ready to have a blast!